Alberta, one of the biggest provinces, has Edmonton as its capital. With a population of about 1,491,000, the metro region ranks second in size only to Calgary. In addition, Edmonton makes a contribution to the Canadian GDP of more than $86 billion. So, there is no question that the city offers many opportunities to all of the immigrants from around the world.
In addition, Edmonton is home to a large number of reputable universities that are active in science and technology research. The city’s research and development of new technology has greatly advanced as a result. In addition, Alberta is thought of as Canada’s oil capital. According to reports, the city has a huge oil reservoir second only to Saudi Arabia. Let’s examine some of Edmonton’s most well-liked and in-demand professions:
1. Mine Supervisor: Canada is known for having a huge oil resource. There are oil reserves throughout almost all of the province. Because of this, Canada is one of the most popular places for mining professionals. The most sought-after position in Canada is mining supervisor. You can easily get a job there if you have a few years of experience.
Salary: $67,000 to $108,000 on average
2. Manager: With many new firms starting each year, Edmonton is one of the cities that is growing the fastest. So, there is a constant need for management professionals. Canada invites a large number of international students each year to completely cover the need of such experts in the nation. You may easily find employment as a manager in Canada if you have practical experience and a degree.
$80,000 to $150,000 on average
3. Sales Manager: Edmonton is home to numerous small and large businesses that export their goods around the globe. So, these companies are particularly interested in hiring sales managers. If you have years of experience as a sales manager or proper leadership qualities. Jobs for sales managers are widely available in Edmonton.
Salary: $72,000 to $108,000 on average
4. Accounting: Nearly all of the large businesses, banks, and small businesses in Edmonton require someone to keep track of their daily transactions and expenses. Most of these Large Companies and Banks mostly employ accounting specialists. Any individual with prior expertise is always welcome.
Salary: $76,000 to $98,000 on average
5. Technical Sales Representatives: On behalf of their companies, technical sales representatives are in charge of fostering positive relationships in the market. In addition, they must interact with current and potential consumers, making the job difficult for newcomers. Hence, if you have experience in this industry and good customer and market understanding, you should have no trouble getting the job.
$87,000 to $154,000 year on average
6. Professor: Edmonton is home to a number of reputable schools and universities. In addition, it annually accepts a large number of international students. Thus, Edmonton is always in need of experienced professors. If you have a degree from a reputable Canadian university, you can easily get this job.
Salary: $80,000 to $129,500 on average
7. Petroleum Engineer: Edmonton is frequently referred to as Canada’s oil capital. It contains a sizable mineral, oil, gas, and several precious metal reserve. In addition to petroleum engineers, numerous other professionals like these are continually in demand. Hence, having the right expertise will make it easier for you to get the job.
Salary: $76,000 to $98,000 on average
8. Software Developer: Another in-demand profession in Edmonton is software development. There are numerous large corporations in the cities, and software professionals are always in demand across Canada’s major metropolitan areas. if you have at least a few years of experience and a degree in software engineering. In Edmonton, a job as a software developer is simple to come by. Salary on the Average: $80,000 to $97,000
9. Construction Manager: The city has several new development projects planned. Thus, one of the most sought-after jobs in Edmonton is construction. Finding work in the construction industry is not too difficult because Edmonton is one of the Canadian cities that is expanding the quickest. In addition, having some supervisory experience is a bonus when looking for work.
$65,000 to $80,000 on average
10. Surgeon: Another well-liked profession with great compensation in Canada is surgery. But becoming certified as a surgeon is likewise a difficult undertaking. To become a surgeon, one must invest a lot of money and years of education. Because of this, surgeons are in high demand in Canada. Also, there is always a big need for professionals. Hence, if you have the necessary information and skills, getting this job is simple.
between $120,000 and $196,000 annually
Some of the most well-liked and sought-after careers in Edmonton are those that are listed above. There are plenty other high-paying careers like this one, but we have only highlighted the challenging jobs here. I hope this article has given you some insight into the toughest jobs and their pay.
Edmonton Jobs Details
|Canada Job Bank
|Various Job Postions Available in Edmonton Jobs
|Full Time-Part Time
|High School / Secondary/Graduation
|Canada Government Jobs / Agriculture Jobs / Construction Jobs
|All Nationality Can Apply
|$750.00 – $5500.00 per month
|Will be discussed in the interview